Applications to study at The Hotel School as an International student are made by completing the International Application for Admission form and attaching all supporting documents, to avoid delays including:
- Certified copy of academic transcripts (including grading system)
- English language test results (eg. IELTS, TOEFL or other)
- Academic or employer references (if required)
- Advanced Standing application (if relevant)
Advanced Standing refers to previous study or work experience, which may reduce time off the duration of the degree. Remember to apply for advanced standing at the time of application, as the credit will determine the study plan.
Apply online with Southern Cross University:
After assessment of your application you will be invited to an interview, at The Hotel School or by phone, as part of the final process of application.
Assessing your application
Your application will be acknowledged by The Hotel School upon receipt or through your nominated agent. If you have been successful, a Letter of Offer will be emailed, giving you details of what is required to accept your offer. If you are not successful, alternatives may be offered.
Accepting your offer
Check the details are correct in your offer letter, and provide any additional documentation that may be required and accept Offer by date specified.
i. Signing the Acceptance of Offer Declaration
ii. Acceptance of Fees Agreement
iii. Paying the tuition as outlined in your Offer (Tuition fees relate to tuition only and do not include books, additional study material, accommodation or food).
iv. Paying the Overseas Student Health Cover* for length of visa duration.
* OSHC is a compulsory medical insurance for students studying in Australia. For alternative providers please refer to: the Private Health website and follow the links to 'Overseas visitors and students'.
Once you have accepted your offer, a Confirmation of Enrolment (CoE) will be issued by Southern Cross University for you to apply for an Australian Student Visa.
The Hotel School
60 Phillip St, Sydney NSW 2000
T: +61 2 8249 3200