Associate Degree of
and Tourism Management
The Associate Degree of International Hotel & Tourism Management is a one-of-a-kind course and a great opportunity to graduate with two qualifications from two globally respected providers, renowned for their expertise in hospitality and hotel management education; The Associate Degree of International Hotel & Tourism Management from Southern Cross University and Diploma in International Hotel and Tourism Management from HTMi Switzerland.
The Associate Degree uniquely connects students with paid internships through Mulpha 5-star properties with a course that combines a rigorous academic curriculum with a unique integrated learning experience. Students are exposed to practical knowledge in both front and back of house through units of study in food and beverage operations, accommodations operations, and finance. Students will have access to 880 hours of paid internships and be eligible for entry into the three-year Bachelor of Business in Hotel Management at The Hotel School with a two-year credit. Flexibility allows for coursework to be completed across any of our campuses.
To check for any program updates please click here.
Hotel and tourism management institute switzerland
HTMi Switzerland is world-renowned for its high-quality Swiss-style education in hotel and tourism management, preparing students for a management career in the global hospitality industry.
Southern cross university
Southern Cross University offers world-standard education in Tourism, ranked top 75 worldwide for Hospitality and Tourism Management*
* Shanghai Global Ranking of Academic Subjects 2020 - Hospitality and Tourism Management.
Ranked Top 10
World Ranking in
Ranked Top 75
The 2021 Good Universities Guide in
Learning Resources and Student Support
Admission & Fees
- Must have completed Year 12 and be 18 years old.
- Also available to mature age students without the minimum education requirements but with relevant work experience.
An interview will form part of the admissions process for applicants.
2021 Course Fees
Each unit is $2,850
2022 Course Fees
Each unit is $2,950
FEE-HELP is available to eligible students. Learn about FEE-Help
*Tuition fees are in Australian dollars, are correct as of January 2021, and are subject to change. Annual tuition fee is based on completing 8 units per year. In addition, students will be charged an annual Student Services and Amenities Fee (SSAF), and students may also be required to incur an indicative non-tuition fee of $1,500 to cover textbooks, stationery, internships or placements.
The Hotel School offers students an opportunity to integrate theory with the practice and responsibility of the professional workplace through our internship program.
Paid internships are integrated within the Associate Degree of Hotel & Tourism Management course to assist you to work out which career pathway is best suited to you and to add valuable experience to your career. You may undertake your internship within Australia or internationally, gaining experience in any sector of tourism and hospitality. To complete the Associate Degree, you must undertake 440 hours per year of workplace experience as well as complete the related academic assessments.
Benefits of internships:
Gain experience within the tourism and hospitality business environment
The Hotel School has connections to leading hotels, resorts, restaurants plus other hospitality and tourism organisations, helping take your classroom knowledge into the workplace.
Internships provide students with the opportunity to:
- Apply theory of the associate degree to the hotel environment
- Practice their skills in a live hotel environment
- Embed themselves into the workings of a hotel environment from a Housekeeping or Food & Beverage perspective
- Engage with guests and be a part of the guest experience
- Begin building their networks within hotels
- Gain a better understanding of the area or direction they’d like their hospitality career to take
On successful completion of the internships, students should be able to:
- Gain a deeper understanding of the practicalities of the hospitality industry
- Have the confidence to begin their career in hospitality
- Start to design their career progression
All students complete a Professional Development subject which develops knowledge and skills relevant to gaining employment, and practical approaches to dealing with common workplace issues. Through this subject, students are well prepared to apply for internship opportunities promoted through The Hotel School. Alternatively, students may choose to approach targeted organisations, or if they are already working in the hotel sector they may seek approval to register their position as the internship.
*440 hours of work each year.
**Paid internships subject to employer approval of internship application. The hourly rate for paid internships is based on Hospitality Industry General Award pay rate effective 29/5/2020. Award rates are reviewed each year in line with the revision of the applicable Federal award. The internship may be undertaken in any location around Australia. Subject to availability. Paid internships at the Hayman Island Resort are subject to InterContinential Hayman Island Resort approval of internship application and employee contract terms and conditions. The hourly rate for paid internships at InterContinential Hayman Island Resort is based under the terms and conditions of The Off Shore Island Resort Collective Agreegment (OSIRCA) .
Benefits to students
- Demonstrate knowledge, practical skills and competencies required for successful supervisory roles within the operational areas of an international hotel and tourism organisation
- Understand the nature of hotel and resort management, the complexities of the commercial hospitality enterprise and financial management processes
- Confidently demonstrate information technology, study skills and research methods at the appropriate level
- Demonstrate knowledge and business management skills for successful supervisory roles within an international hotel and tourism organisation
Work Integrated learning
Work Integrated Learning is a way for students to develop their skills outside of the classroom while studying for the Associate Degree of International Hotel and Tourism Management. A dedicated team identifies and offers opportunities that will improve your employability and industry knowledge.
Work Integrated Learning opportunities include:
- Career Workshops
- Industry Insights in the Classroom
- Industry Insights in the Workplace
- Industry Insights - Field Trips
- Mock Interviews
- Industry Skills Training
- Industry Skills Workshops
My experience at The Hotel School has changed my life. During my tenure, I learned both theoretical and practical skills that I have continued to use during my roles in hospitality. The Hotel School has a strong network within the industry, which assisted me to enter the workforce and begin my career in hotels. The community feeling while studying at The Hotel School was supportive and helped me find lifelong friends. I believe that The Hotel School will fully prepare you for the experiences and challenges you will come across during your journey in this exciting and rewarding industry. - Bachelor of Business in Hotel Management (Graduated 2013)
Graduates suited to entry-level supervisory positions in the hotel, leisure, tourism and hospitality sectors including:
- Human resource management
- Food and beverage operations
- Sales and marketing
- Rooms division
- Front office management
The Hotel School Career Paths