As all classes are taught in English and there are specific English language requirements that must be met for both domestic and international students. Typically, domestic students or international students residing in Australia as temporary or permanent residents develop their English skills by completing Year 12.

However, for any student who does not meet the minimum English language proficiency, there are options to build your reading, writing and comprehension skills.

The Hotel School offers a variety of English language partner programs to help international students improve their English language ability.

The university only recommends students undertake an English program with an ELICOS-approved provider.


Universal English College - Sydney -

Navitas English – Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane -

International House - Sydney, Melbourne -

ILSC Language Schools – Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane -

English Language Company (ELC) – Sydney -

EC English – Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane -

Browns English Language Schools – Brisbane -

Australian Pacific College – Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane -

Ability English – Sydney, Melbourne -

The full list can be visited to SCU main website at

Got a question?

A Course Advisor is standing by to answer your questions.

1800 870 816 Call from overseas [Monday to Friday 9am-5pm AEST]