Single subject study (non-award)

Anyone wanting to further their careers through professional development, or simply to study for personal interest, can select from a wide range of single subjects (units).

Should you later be admitted to a full degree program it may be possible to gain advanced standing (credit) for any single subjects (units) you have successfully completed.

To apply for a single subject study, apply online to submit your application.

Subject (unit) descriptions can be viewed using the search units facility on the unit search page.

Cross-institutional study from another university

If you are enrolled at another university you are able to study individual units (subjects) at Southern Cross University as part of your degree.

To apply you must download and complete the cross-institutional study home institute approval form and have it signed and stamped by your home institution. To check the location, timing and unit codes of available subjects go to the schedule of units. Subject (unit) descriptions can be viewed using the search facility on the unit search page.

To apply for cross-institutional study click the apply online link and attach a scanned copy of the signed cross-institutional study home institute approval form.

Transferring from another institution

If you have already commenced studies at another institution and wish to transfer permanently to SCU to study you must apply through our standard application procedure for that program. You may also include an application for advanced standing for any units you have completed at the other university.

To transfer from another institution, visit course options, find the course to you want to study and view the How to apply section for that course.

Got a question?

A Course Advisor is standing by to answer your questions.

1800 870 816 Call from overseas [Monday to Friday 9am-5pm AEST]