Academic ranking worldwide #34
Southern Cross University ranks at #34 in the 2019 Academic Rankings of World Universities in the area of Hospitality and Tourism Management.
Top 150 young universities
The 2019 Times Higher Education World University Rankings also places Southern Cross University in the:
- Top 300 for Life Sciences
- Top 400 for Psychology, Physical Sciences, Education, Business & Economics and Social Sciences.
#1 for overall international student support
5 stars in Tourism and Hospitality
In the 2019 Good Universities Guide category Tourism, Hospitality, Personal Services, Sport and Recreation, Southern Cross University is ranked:
- #1 Educational Experience – 94.4%
- #1 for Learning Resources – 96.2%
- #1 for Graduate Employment – 77.8%
- #2 Teaching Quality – 86.6%
5 stars for overall student support and social equity
In the 2019 Good Universities Guide Southern Cross University achieved:
- 5 stars for student support
- 5 stars of social equity.
World standard or above in 23 key research areas
In the latest Excellence in Research for Australia report, Southern Cross University achieved outstanding ratings of 'at world standard' or above in 23 research fields. In 14 research fields the University was evaluated to the highest possible classification of 'well above world standard'.