Hotel & Tourism Management
The Hotel School is proud to be partnering with HTMi Switzerland and AccorHotels to deliver an Australian industry program which is the first of its kind.
Available in the Sydney, Melbourne and Brisbane campus locations it uniquely connects paid internships with AccorHotels and academic studies accredited by Southern Cross University. Upon completion of the iHTMP, students will be eligible to graduate with a Diploma in International Hotel and Tourism Management from HTMi Switzerland. Additionally, students will be eligible for entry into the Bachelor of Business in Hotel Management at The Hotel School with 18 months credit.
For more information about subjects in each module, please click here.
To check for any program updates please click here.
* Courses offered on our Brisbane campus are NOT currently available for international students. Courses offered on our Sydney and Melbourne Campuses start from 2020 June Session 2.
Admission & Fees
- Students applying for the iHTMP must have completed Year 11 and be 17 years old.
- Also available to mature age students without the minimum education requirements but with relevant work experience.
All applicants for The Hotel School are selected on their individual merit. You may be required to attend an interview.
Each study module is $5,062.50
Each industry internship module is $3,375.00
- English Language requirements: Overall IELTS 5.5 with 5.5 in writing and no other band less than 5.0
- Qualification equivalent to an Australian Year 12 with the required entry grade, or relevant work experience
Annual fee from 2020 is $15,000
*Tuition fees are in Australian dollars, are correct as of Nov 2019, and are subject to change. In addition, students will be charged an annual Student Services and Amenities Fee (SSAF), and students may also be required to incur an indicative non-tuition fee of $1,500 to cover textbooks, stationery, internships or placements.
We offer a 2-year program with opportunities for a 880 hours paid internship with AccorHotels.
AccorHotels provide key elements in the International Hotel & Tourism Management Program. Students will be provided with an exclusive opportunity to experience the AccorHotels way of delivering first class hospitality service from a team of professionals who are subject matter experts in their fields. Students will benefit from learning first hand from in-class guest speakers, key practical components of the course trained on-site, and the internship program where AccorHotels will work with students to provide best-in-class training in hotel operations.
Students are immersed in practical modules and workshops throughout the program. An important aspect of the practical component is the internships at AccorHotels where students will learn the techniques applied at one of the best global hotel chains.
An internship is a period of observing, learning, and practising in a business environment, where students are given the opportunity to integrate theory with the practice and responsibility of the workplace. International Hotel & Tourism Management Program students will have the opportunity to complete their internship at an AccorHotels property within Australia, providing them with practical experience by exposing them to general systems of operation, as well as to the philosophies and aims of the hotel*.
|Student Potential Internship Income||Year 1||Year 2||Total|
|Potential Income from Internship (based on an average hourly rate of $25.28)*||$11,000||$11,000||$22,000|
*Paid internships subject to employer approval of intern application. The hourly rate for paid internships (in a housekeeping or food & beverage role) will start at the base casual hourly rate of $25.28/hour. This is based on the Hospitality Industry General Award pay rate effective 2/7/18. Award rates are reviewed each year in the line with revision of the applicable Federal award. Potential earnings are indicative only and should only be used as a guide. Potential earnings are based on $25.28 per hour (gross minimum wage before tax) for a minimum of 440 hours per internship. The internship may be undertaken in any location around Australia. Some internship opportunities may be with Hotel groups other than AccorHotels.
Benefits to students
- Demonstrate knowledge, practical skills and competencies required for successful supervisory roles within the operational areas of an international hotel and tourism organisation
- Understand the nature of hotel and resort management, the complexities of the commercial hospitality enterprise and financial management processes
- Confidently demonstrate information technology, study skills and research methods at the appropriate level
- Demonstrate knowledge and business management skills for successful supervisory roles within an international hotel and tourism organisation
Work Integrated learning
Work Integrated Learning is a way for students to develop their skills outside of the classroom while studying for the iHTMP. A dedicated team identifies and offers opportunities that will improve your employability and industry knowledge.
Work Integrated Learning opportunities include:
- Hayman Island Taster field trip
- Singapore field trip
- Winery/brewery/stadium tour
- Leadership speaker series
- Manager-for-a-Day experience
- Skills2Work Food and Beverage course
- Mock interview experience
- Responsible Service of Alcohol course
- Barista course
The skills and exposure learnt from a variety of subjects have helped immensely with the physical experiences and day-today operations I have come into contact with. Applying every subject from finance to strategic management and intrinsically linking text book studies to everyday business challenges is what I am thankful for within the workplace - Bachelor of Business in Hotel Management, graduated 2014
Graduates suited to entry-level supervisory positions in the hotel, leisure, tourism and hospitality sectors including:
- Human resource management
- Food and beverage operations
- Sales and marketing
- Rooms division
- Front office management